Full House Renovation
Create an elegant 6 bedroom family home with open plan living area, formal sitting room and study. Introducing both colour and pattern to give a contemporary twist on classic styles.
• Working with the architects plans, rooms were tweaked to ensure furniture would fit exactly
• The large open plan kitchen with the island centre stage
• Dining table and living area set out to take advantage of the garden views – large window seat creates a focal point and adds further seating into the room
• Sliding doors to the TV room allow privacy when required
• Formal sitting room – originally 2 rooms, this was knocked through and a new fireplace added. TV on the wall with built in storage below.
• Stairs were moved to allow a large welcoming hallway
• Upstairs, main bathroom enlarged with walk in shower, freestanding bath and vanity unit
• Double joists allowed for in the build to ensure the bubble chair had suitable fixing
• Loft conversion with bathroom and two bedrooms
Design & transformation
• Using blues as a the base colour, the kitchen island holds the scheme together with the textured wallpaper in the dining area and TV room balancing out the scheme.
• Upholstered chairs with a patterned back add interest on entry into the room. This fabric also used for cushions to connect with the rest of the room
• The artwork in the TV room was the starting point – navy and hot pink upholstered furniture reflect the vivid colours.
• Formal sitting room, more muted colour palette of green and purple set to a neutral backdrop. TV wall painted in a darker ink green to disguise the TV somewhat.
• Main bathroom with a patterned floor and bold artwork to create a fun space for two girls to share
• Master bedroom with ensuite and dressing room – lilac hues with navy to lessen the ‘girly’ feel. Luxurious table lamps and ceiling lights enhance the feel of elegance in this restful space
• Guest bedroom using neutrals but adding pattern in the upholstered headboard, cushions and window treatments. Textured wallpaper continues this theme along with the feather ceiling light.
• Childrens room - bubble chair hanging in front of the tall grass wallpaper. Purple, yellow and grey colour palette – the pom poms on the window treatment and lamp shade add a fun element